Tuesday, April 13, 2010
One of the innovations that the education process is carried out UGM student candidate selection system that ensures the quality of new higher-quality inputs from several views (cognitive and potential) are comprehensive, namely UM-UGM.
National and International Recognition
1. Ranked 250 in the THE-QS World University Rankings 2009.
2. Ranked 1st in Indonesia on Webometrics Top 2009.
3. Quality Assurance Best of ASEAN, together with University Malaya, Chulalongkorn University, NUS.
4. World Champion, International Business Strategy Competition, Paris, 2009.
5. World Champion, Global Social Venture Competition, California, USA 2009.
6. Actively participate in the Model of the United Nations: Harvard University - United Nations New York - Beijing - Den Haag - Beijing - Australia, 2009.
In 2009 the number of students of UGM is 52,720 which consists of the S-1 61%, master's and doctoral programs (S-2 and S-3) 27%, and 12% diploma program.
National Selection Activities State University is a selection of student candidates to enter the State University at the National level with the pattern of written test and test specific skills for specific study programs. The implementation of this selection is carried out by a Central Committee which was formed by the Ministry of National Education of Indonesia and located in cities where strategically located State University.
Written test held in the framework of the National Selection of State Universities will be implemented simultaneously and integrated at the clock and the same day, with about the same in the various State Universities in Indonesia, so that participants are expected to choose the location closest to the implementation of these selection events. An exam is not taken into consideration in the selection process and the determination of a prospective student graduation in the college of choice.
Download Latihan Soal UM UGM 2010/2011
According to Law no. 2 year 1989 about National Educational System; Governmental Regulation no. 60 year 1999 concerning Higher Education; Governmental Regulation no. 61 year 1999 on the subject of the Establishment of Tertiary Educational Institutions as Corporate Bodies, Governmental Regulation no. 153 year 2000 about the Establishing of Gadjah Mada University as National Corporation (BHMN); decree of the National Education Minister of Indonesian Republic, no. 232/u/2000 concerning the Orientation of the Composing of the Tertiary Educational Curriculum and the Student Evaluation and Gadjah Mada Rectorial Decree no. 80/P/SK/PD/2001 dated October 1st 2001 on the subject of the Orientation of the Tertiary Educational Curriculum Composition of Bachelor Program for study programs in Gadjah Mada university, it is declared that Gadjah Mada university is a tertiary educational educational progtram ugminstitution that holds programs for academic education and professional education.
The general objective of academic education is to prepare the students to become citizens who are faithful and pious to God, having the spirit of the Pancasila (the five basic principles of the Republic of Indonesia), possessing a high personal integrity, open and perceptive to changes and the development of science, technology, art, and the problems that the society is facing, especially the ones related with their field of mastery.
The academic programs that have been carried out by UGM comprise Undergraduate program and Postgraduate program.
1. Undergraduate Program is the first step of the academic program. It carries out 144-160 credits which is scheduled into no less than 8 semesters and can be completed in less than 8 semesters or at a maximum of 14 semesters after high school. This program can be covered in the form of regular program and multi entry program.
2. Postgraduate Program consists of Master s program and Doctorate program. Master s program is the second level of the academic program. It encloses 36 – 50 credits, scheduled for 4 semesters and can be covered in 4 – 10 semesters after undergoing the Undergraduate program. The Doctorate program is the third level of the academic program. It holds at least 40 credits, scheduled for 4 semesters and can be completed in 4 – 10 semesters after the Master’s program.
The general objective of Professional education is to prepare the students to be citizens who are faithful and pious to God, having the spirit of the Pancasila (the five basic principles of the Republic of Indonesia), possessing a high personal integrity, open and perceptive to changes and the development of science, technology, art, and the problems that the society is facing, especially the ones related with their field of mastery as well as possessing the ability to apply their knowledge to a certain field.
Professional education programs conducted by the University of Gadjah Mada University Diploma III, Professional Programs and Program Specialist I.
1. Diploma III covers 110 – 120 credits, scheduled for 6 semesters, and can be completed in 6 – 10 semesters.
2. Profession Educational Program holds 20 – 40 credits, scheduled for 2 – 6 semesters after the Undergraduate program. This program is held by the faculty of Pharmacy, Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, and Psychology.
3. Specialist I program is attached with 36 – 50 credits, scheduled for 4 semesters, and can be covered in 4 – 10 semesters after the Undergraduate program. This program is held by the faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, and Law.