Tuesday, April 13, 2010
In the effort to obtain international recognition, BAN-PT has made effective cooperation and partnership with several international accreditation and quality assurance agencies. These efforts have come up with obtaining membership of several international accreditation agencies, i.e. Australian Universities Quality Agency (AUQA), Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN), and International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE). Some of BAN-PT Board members have been participating as external reviewers in Australian higher education institutions, invited by AUQA and APQN.
The international accreditation agencies, which have been visited by BAN-PT Board members and expert staff for benchmarking and comparative studies, are:
1. Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technological (ABET), in USA.
2. Australian Universities Quality Agency (AUQA) , in Australia.
3. Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), in USA.
4. National Accreditation Agency (Lembaga Akreditasi Negara – LAN), in Malaysia.
5. National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), in USA.
6. Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), in England.
7. Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities (PAASCU).